[Test Drive] BMW 5 Series makes more powerful, elegant comeback
时间:2023-12-01 18:23:22 出处:스포츠阅读（143）
BMW’s 5 Series, one of the bestselling premium sedans in Korea, has returned with full-change upgrades in design and driving performance, making its global debut in the country in six years.
The 5 Series has sold over 8 million units worldwide since its launch of the first generation model in 1972. Korea, in particular, has shown great enthusiasm for the high-end sedan, taking approximately 20 percent of total sales last year, according to the German carmaker.
“We know how important the 5 Series is for our customers in Korea,” said Adrian Van Hooydonk, BMW Group’s design director, during a press conference in Incheon on Thursday, adding that the new lineup has grown in size with more interior space, catering to the needs of the company’s sedan lovers here.
Stressing that the eighth-generation 5 Series boasts a sporty and elegant exterior and driver-oriented interior, Van Hooydonk said the 5 Series takes after the family design of the BMW, however, offers strong individual characters like longer driving range.
- Hyundai Motor bolsters global partnerships through Expo campaign
- In early 2029, Earth will likely breach key warming threshold: scientists
- LG Energy Solution debuts new battery
- [Today’s K
- [Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
- Decoding Korea's 'virtuous' drinking culture
- CJ Olive Young opens foreigner
- Jungkook ties record for most Billboard Hot 100 hits as K
- Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office