NTCK to celebrate 100th Seoul performance of ‘The Orphan of Zhao’
时间:2023-12-01 17:37:01 出处:직업阅读（143）
The National Theater Company of Korea is set to captivate audiences once more with its signature production, "The Orphan of Zhao: Seeds of Revenge," returning with its sixth run at the Myeongdong Theater in central Seoul from Nov. 30 to Dec. 25.
Premiered in 2015, “The Orphan of Zhao” is a reinterpretation of the Chinese "Zaju" drama script of the same title, written by the Yuan Dynasty playwright Ji Junxiang. Among the six Zaju plays he wrote, “The Orphan of Zhao” is the only surviving example.
Often referred to as the Chinese “Hamlet” because of its theme of revenge, the tragedy has been adapted by director Koh Sun-woong, who focused the narrative on the man who sacrifices his only child to save the "seed of revenge."
下一篇： Seoul anticipates 3
- Hillstate Gayang flats in Daejeon to go on sale
- Voter interest reaches all
- Young swimmer enjoys self
- [Hello Hangeul] Korean language instructors' working conditions remain subpar
- S. Korea's English proficiency slips 13 notches to 49th
- [Herald Interview] Forever is not impossible: Oneus aspires to global reach with 'La Dolce Vita'
- [Our Museums] Gyeonggi Ceramic Museum shows artistic essence of ceramics throughout history
- Revamped Genesis GV80 and first coupe sibling unveiled
- 정부, GP 복원 계획…김태효 "北 무장에 가만히 있으면 안된다"